Wednesday 17 August 2011

Jam jar decorating

Join the play academy link up...http://nurturestore.co.uk/join-the-play-academy-idea-swap-51

Being a typical North west England summer, we have had quite a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks so I have had to find ways to keep the kids busy in the house (my least fav thing,being stuck inside with bored kids!). In preparation for this, before the start of the summer holidays, I asked people at work to save for me any old boxes and also jam jars.

The boxes are for junk modelling which we have not yet done and the jam jars for decorating.

I did consider using glass paints but thought the kids may be a bit young especially Louis. So I decided the best thing to do would be firstly paint the jars all over with thick pva glue.



I then gave the kids a tub each of tissue paper shapes and asked them to stick them all over the jars so no white was showing.




The results turned out quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment