Wednesday 2 February 2011

Chinese New Year

Using printouts and craft ideas from Activity Village we celebrated Chinese New Year

I firstly told the kids the story of Chinese New year which I also founf on activity village. We then played a matching game using laminated cards of all the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

We then found as many toy animals as we could to represent each animal. We did quite well although we didn't have a monkey and had to use a dinasaur instead of a dragon.
The animals had a Chinese New Year party!



As it is the year of the rabbit I gave the kids a cardboard cutout of a rabbit to cover with cotton wool and draw a face on. These were then stuck onto an art straw to make a 'puppet'. We did the same for more of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac-although these were just coloured in. Melissa is from the year of the dog so she coloured a dog and Louis is from the year of the rat so he did a rat. They then did Oxes and dragons and then got a bit bored of colouring so we left it there!




Finally, using A4 paper decorated with crayoning and glitter glue, Melissa made some Chinese lanterns which I strung up accross the room.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ideas. So creative and they really sound fun. I bet even I would have fun making a cotton wool bunny x

    ReplyDelete